Window Washing: What You Need to Know
Window washing is more than just a chore. It can actually be a fun and productive task that you do for your home. There are many different methods and techniques for ensuring your windows are clean, but the one thing everyone should know is the importance of safety first. In this article, we will discuss the supplies needed, the proper techniques for window washing, and some common mistakes people make when cleaning their windows.
Window washing can be a fun and productive task that you do for your home, but only if you have the right supplies you’ll need before getting started. In order to clean your windows effectively, you’ll need some basic supplies such as:
- A squeegee
- Window cleaner
- A bucket
- A scrub brush
- A rag
In addition to these supplies, you’ll also want to make sure you have some safety gear. Wearing gloves and goggles can help protect your hands and eyes from any potential accidents.
Here are some proper techniques to follow:
- Always start by washing the frames and sills of the windows. This will prevent any dirt or dust from getting on the glass.
- Next, use a squeegee to clean the windows. Start at the top and work your way down.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe down the frames and sills.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for each window.
- Once all the windows are clean, stand back and enjoy your handiwork!
Common mistakes people make when cleaning their windows
- Not washing the frames and sills first.
- Not using a squeegee to clean the windows.
- Wiping down the frames and sills with a dirty cloth.
- Not cleaning all the windows in the house.
- Standing too close to the windows while wiping them down.
Window washing is a task that many homeowners view as a necessary chore, but it can actually be fun and productive if done correctly. By using the proper supplies and techniques, you can clean your windows in no time and without any of the common mistakes people make.